CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Punk (ETA)

Let me start by saying this:

Good Charlotte = NOT PUNK

Green Day = NOT PUNK (Not anymore. They used to be)

Blink 182 = NOT PUNK (ETA: Apparently their older stuff is more punk than their later stuff. I'll admit to not hearing a lot of it.)


Punk is bands like The Misfits, The Cramps, The Germs, The Ramones, The Clash, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, and of course, The Sex Pistols.

Bands such as The Police, U2 and Adam & The Ants started off as punk bands. In fact, the short-lived band Bazooka Joe, which was fronted by Adam Ant, was the headliner at The Sex Pistols' very first gig.

Now, I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore punk enthusiast. But I'm definitely a fan. An ex-boyfriend of mine, who was heavily into punk, made me a mixed tape of various punk artists and songs. I listened to it until I wore it out.

Here are some favorites of mine.

T.S.O.L. - Code Blue


Dead Kennedys - Kill The Poor


The Germs - Manimal

4 comments:

show respect said...

you cant say that old green day was punk but old blink wasnt. listen to dude ranch, cheshire cat, or buddha before you make a blanketed statement about an artist you dont even listen to

Cherlyn said...

What I have heard from Blink doesn't sound the slightest bit punk to me. But I will admit my exposure to them has been minimal. So I'll give you that one, sir. I'll also give the blog a quick edit.

good said...

thanks for having an open mind! if you liked old green day you should like old blink.

oh btw i looove NOFX pennywise and the descendants

Mike said...

After the 80's punk lost its ferocity! Dead Kennedys- California Uberalles was hugely anti Reagan. Some 80's punk bands morphed into mainstream acts such as The offspring and the Butthole Surfers. Go to my Jersey boys blog and find the song "I saw your mommy and your mommy was dead" One of my all time favorite punk tunes!