CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 22 May 2009

Untouchables

KoRn's 4th hit record store shelves on June 11th, 2002, nearly three years after Issues.

Sales for Untouchables were considerably less than those for previous albums. It only reached single Platinum. It's widely believed that Internet piracy was responsible, for an unmastered cut of the album leaked onto the Internet three months before its release.

The sound for Untouchables was vastly different, using strings, synthesized sounds and new guitar effects. Some may suggest that this new musical feel for koRn may have also been responsible for the lackluster sales.

My opinion: I've found that some KoRn fans that have been fans since '94 are terribly elitist and think Follow The Leader or Issues was their last good album. I strongly disagree. If KoRn made the same album over and over again, it would get boring, and fans would tire of them quickly. Music evolves. Bands evolve. That's the way it should be. And while my admittedly least favorite KoRn song, "Wake Up Hate," is on this album, I love Untouchables. I just skip that song.

One of my most favorite songs ever:
"Here To Stay"

1 comments:

Candie said...

Hi!Oh yes you have a real nice blog.I listen to lots of the stuff you put there.I love Korn.
Really cool.